Welcome to the first in a series of three episodes focused on "Thinking Differently" brought to you by Ground Control!
On today's episode we are going to be talking with the owner of Teofilo Coffee Company, Ron Dizon. Teofilo started as a farmers market stand roasting and serving Filipino coffee. Having been born in the Phili[oiines and raised in the U.S. in a Filipino household, Ron turned the obsession of Filipino Coffee into a passion built to give back to the Philippines.
Over the years as Teofilo has grown, Ron has learned a lot about operating what is now his brick and mortar shop as well as his pop-ups and roasting operation.
In our discussion with Ron we get to hear about his journey in starting, growing, and running Teofilo and the extraordinary opportunities that have resulted from his relentless pursuit of doing hard things and thinking differently about coffee and business.
- Understanding Filipino coffee
- Approaching business differently
- Big ideas and small beginnings
- Sourcing and opening up opportunities for Fillipino coffee
- Evolution of quality control in roasting and brewing
- Working with and supporting the community
- Striving to be better and trying to fail
- Inspiration from community
Be sure to check out the bonus content only available on www.groundcontrol.coffee/ktts as we continue the conversation with Ron and hear some pretty amazing advice for operators and owners who also want to make a difference with their business!
Want to brew things differently? Visit our Sponsor!